Jack and I spent about a week in Norway on vacation this past summer.On the first day,we did my #1 favorite travel activity – visiting grocery stores in other countries.I don't know why,but I'm so fascinated by what other people eat,how things are packaged,how stores are organized… all of it.That day,I picked up a package of crackers that ended up being my favorite snack of the week.They were thick seedy crackers – I smashed avocado on them for breakfast and slathered cheese on them as a snack later in the day.They were hearty and filling,and I felt good that I was getting a little bit of protein and fiber in every bite.
Fast forward to now – I finally got around to making a similar cracker at home.They're easy to make,gluten free and I just love snacking on them at any time of the day. They're made with brown rice flour (that's what makes them crispy),almonds,hemp seeds,flaxseeds,and sesame seeds.
Most nights,Jack and I eat dinner pretty late so we like to share a little pre-dinner snack.How cute is this mini cheese board??I filled it with a few crackers,,Alouette'sLe Petit Fromagecheeses,figs and a few grapes.We like Alouette's Parmesan Basil and the Cucumber Dill Flavors – the creamy cheeses pair well with the nutty seedy crackers.They're the perfect snack portion (only 40 calories each!),all natural,and made with no preservatives – just cheese,a touch of yogurt,fresh vegetables,and delicious bold spices. A weeknight happy hour treat could not be tastier and easier!!
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ½ cup almond flour* (see note)
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed meal
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- figs and grapes
- Alouette Petit Fromage
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl,combine the brown rice flour,almond flour,hemp seeds,flaxseed,sesame seeds,baking powder and salt.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and water and stir.混合物会很碎。Use your hands to press and knead it together to form a cohesive ball.Form the ball into a disk and place it in between 2 sheets of parchment paper on a flat surface.Roll the dough until it's about ⅛-inch thick.If the edges start to tear,use your fingers to gently press it back together.
- Remove the top sheet of parchment paper and use a sharp paring knife to score the crackers into 2-inch squares.用面团轻轻地提起羊皮纸，把它放到烤盘上。Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown around the edges.Remove the pan from the oven and let sit for 10 minutes.Break the crackers apart and enjoy!!
Recipe adapted fromOh She Glows.
This post is sponsored byAlouette.Thank you for supporting the sponsors that keep us cooking!!