Veggie quesadillas are one of my go-to weeknight dinners,and I love this kale & quinoa version.Don't skip the tomatillo salsa for dipping!!
Aaaand meal planning week continues on Day 3 with these Quinoa Kale Veggie Quesadillas.Just to recap,I'm trying something new this week where I'm posting easy real-life meals in the order that we actually eat them.What does this mean?I went to the grocery store at the beginning of the week,I prepped a few components while making dinner on day 1,and I've been using those components and leftovers from the prior meal to make a different meal each day.One meal leads into the next,which makes cook/prep time a breeze.These meals are not culinary rocket science,but thinking like this helps me stay sane (and fed) every day – maybe it'll help some of you too!!
第1天：I started with theseMean Green Grain Bowls.This day involved the most prep – I roasted veggies,藜麦and assembled the grain bowls.
第2天：I took a small bit of leftovers from the grain bowls,按摩了一束甘蓝，and made those leftovers stretch into aBig Green Kale Salad.
第3天（今天！):Starting with some of the leftovers from day 2's kale salad,I lightly wilted the kale in a skillet with some quinoa (left over from day 1) and stuffed it between flour tortillas with cheese to make healthier-than-normal veggie quesadillas.If you're vegan,skip the cheese and spread a layer of refried beans onto the tortilla to act as the glue.
Serve these veggie quesadillas with lots of tomatillo salsa for dipping.Not pictured: I like to mash a little avocado with lime juice and a pinch of salt and slather that on my finished quesadillas.
I think these look SO cute as individual servings in these法尔康搪瓷馅饼盘。While the dishes got me in a picnic type of mood,it was snowing the night we ate these,so I discovered that they also make great TV trays.
- 2杯散装剩余Big Green Kale Salad
- Extra-virgin olive oil,for drizzling
- ¼ cup additional cooked quinoa
- 2 cups shredded jack cheese* (see vegan option)
- Mashed avocado (to slather onto finished quesadillas)
- 石灰楔，for serving
- Sliced serrano or jalapeño peppers,or hot sauce
- 将中平底锅加热至中低，并刷上橄榄油。Add the leftover kale salad,the additional cooked quinoa and toss,lightly heating,just until the kale wilts,about 2 minutes.Remove from the heat and stir in a scoop of salsa.Season to taste.
- Assemble the tortillas with the shredded cheese and the kale/quinoa mixture.把锅擦干净，and heat it to medium,with a drizzle of olive oil.Fold each filled tortilla in half and place each into the pan (you may have to work in batches).Heat the quesadillas about 2 minutes per side or until nicely charred.I like to put a loose cover on so that the steam helps the cheese melt.Repeat with all quesadillas.Serve with the remaining salsa,the avocado,lime wedges,辣椒或辣酱，and cilantro,as desired.