It's only October 1st and yet I feel like I'm already the last to post a pumpkin recipe.每年的这个时候,,pinterestis crazy for pumpkin.But don't worry – if you're too cool for pumpkin,you can just as easily make this soup with butternut squash.
This recipe comes together pretty easily and it doesn't even require a pot.I roasted the pumpkin,an apple,an onion and a few garlic cloves all in the oven.I put it all in a blender and pureéd it into a creamy soup with coconut milk,ginger,and the special ingredient – cardamom.If you don't have it you can sub in some curry powder,but cardamom (the hardest spice to describe),has a spicy-sweet sort of floral flavor that works really well here to create a nice balance with the sweet apple and savory roasted pumpkin.
For some texture – roast your pumpkin seeds until crispy and sprinkle them on top.(Or just snack on them and forget to put them into the picture like we did).
- 1 medium sugar pumpkin or 1 butternut squash (see notes)
- 1 small apple (or ½ a large one)
- 1 medium yellow onion
- drizzle of olive oil,salt,pepper,for roasting
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- ¼ - ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne (more,to taste)
- 1 teaspoon additional salt (more to taste)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Roast pumpkin or butternut squash.(I start by putting mine in the oven for a few minutes to soften so it's easier to cut).Cut in half and scoop out the insides (save & toast the seeds if you want).撒上些橄榄油,salt and pepper and roast cut side up for 20 minutes,flip and roast cut side down for 20-30 or until the flesh is soft.Remove from oven,let cool,then peel the skin away from the flesh.
- While the squash roasts,slice the apple and onion into wedges and arrange on a baking sheet.撒上些橄榄油,salt and pepper,and roast for 20 minutes or until the edges turn golden brown.During the last 10 minutes or so,add the whole garlic cloves to the baking sheet.
- In a blender,add pumpkin mash,roasted onion,apple,garlic (remove the skins),coconut milk,ginger,cardamom,cayenne and salt.Puree until smooth.If it's too thick,add a bit of water or broth to thin and blend again.Taste and adjust seasonings.Store leftovers in the fridge for up to a few days.
Handmade bowls by: RossLab on Etsy