A few weeks ago I threw this simple,fun Friday night wine party.Here in Austin,it was the first day of fall (read: the first day that the temps dropped below 90 degrees)… I invited some of my closest friends,served up some fall-inspired appetizers and (to keep things easy!) opened up a few boxes ofBota Boxwines.
Here was my menu:
– Roasted Butternut Squash Crostini w/ Sage
– Assorted Cheese Platter
– Pumpkin Hummus (recipe below)
I roasted cubes of butternut squash and topped them onto crostini with 徳赢vwin捕鱼游戏lemon ricotta and fried sage.This ismy go-to fall appetizer.It's also a wonderful starter before your Thanksgiving dinner.
I LOVE assembling pretty cheese boards.This time,I went with a combination of blue cheese,white cheddar slices,goat cheese,and a few others that looked great at the cheese counter that day.I filled the platter with grapes,rosemary crackers,and cranberry-hazelnut crackers.I also made pumpkin hummus,which is great because it can be made well in advance.
I decorated with a few pumpkins and had Jack string some lights from the tree.
如果你经常来我家，then you know that I usually have aBota Boxin my fridge – their packaging makes it possible to store wine for a really long time,so I find it super convenient.For a party,it's a great solution because you don't have to mess around with tons of empty bottles,and it's also very affordable.
Get the recipe for my Pumpkin Hummus below!!
All in all,it was a fun evening with friends,although little anxious Annie didn't know what to make of it all.She hung back by the door waiting for snacks to fall on the ground.
- ¾ cup pumpkin or sweet potato puree*
- 1杯煮鹰嘴豆，drained and rinsed
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 small garlic clove
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- juice of ½ 徳赢vwin捕鱼游戏lemon
- 2 to 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt,多尝
- freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor or blender,combine the pumpkin,chickpeas,cumin,香菜，肉桂色，garlic,pepper,徳赢vwin捕鱼游戏lemon juice,olive oil,salt and several grinds of pepper.Pulse or blend until smooth.Taste and adjust seasonings.
特别感谢Bota Boxfor sponsoring this post.All opinions are my own