星期三快乐！Currently,we're en route from Japan where we ate a lot of soba noodles.Of course,we didn't eat them quite like this – in Japan,soba would never be tossed with vegetables and doused with a bright,creamy,芝麻-橙子-腰果酱……但我们已经不在日本了，就这样！🙂
For this recipe,I use the whole head of broccoli,stalk and all.我不知道为什么我们开始扔茎——它和那些小花一样好吃。To help the stem and florets cook for a similar amount of time,我把花椰菜茎切得很薄。I really love how these stem pieces almost look like little stars!!
下一步，把花椰菜蒸一下，the stems,和葱，直到嫩而鲜绿。如果你愿意，可以在这里烤花椰菜，但我选择蒸它，因为我经常渴望非常简单，干净的味道。另外，steaming is such an under-rated cooking technique these days!On the other hand,roasting broccoli would give this meal a nuttier,bolder flavor,so the choice is yours and instructions for both are listed below.
Toss it all together: the soba noodles,broccoli,胡萝卜薄片，cashews,and a protein of your choice – I used a locally made Chicago brand of baked turmeric tofu,这就是为什么我的是黄色的。把面条与酱油一起捣碎，再配上额外的罗望子（或酱油）。
- 2 tablespoons tamari,更适合于服务，如果需要
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 garlic clove,minced
- 2 tablespoons water,more as needed
- 8 ounces soba noodles*
- sesame oil,for drizzling
- 1 medium head broccoli,切碎的小花，茎薄切片
- tamari,for drizzling
- 1 carrot,thinly sliced
- 4 to 6 ounces baked tofu,cubed and warmed** (or cooked protein of choice)
- ¼ cup toasted cashews,crushed
- sriracha,for serving
- Make the cashew sauce: In a small bowl,把罗望子搅在一起，lime juice,orange juice,sesame oil,garlic,ginger,cashew butter,and water.如果酱汁很浓，add more water as needed to thin to a drizzable consistency.
- Bring an unsalted pot of water to a boil and cook the soba noodles according to package directions.沥干并冲洗干净。This helps to remove the starches that cause clumping.Toss with a drizzle of sesame oil and set aside.
- Place a steamer basket in a large pot filled with 1 inch of boiling water.Add the broccoli florets and stems,葱and a few splashes of tamari.Reduce the heat to a high simmer then cover and steam for 2 to 4 minutes,or until the broccoli is tender but still bright green.(If you prefer,you can roast the broccoli.将橄榄油和栀子花洒入烤箱中烤15-20分钟。
- Assemble bowls with the soba noodles,steamed broccoli and scallions,the carrots,tofu,cashews,和一大堆腰果酱。Serve with more tamari on the side and sriracha,if desired.
*I used a local Chicago brand called Jenny's Tofu: Organic Turmeric Baked Tofu.I also like Wildwood Baked Tofu which is available nationwide.
Alternatively,你可以自己烤豆腐。Start with extra-firm tofu,patted dry and cut into cubes.把烤箱预热到425°F，用羊皮纸在烤盘上划线。Toss the tofu with the tamari and spread evenly onto the baking sheet.烤15到20分钟，or until golden brown around the edges.Remove from the oven and toss with ½ teaspoon sriracha or a few pinches of turmeric.